Rapid Nutrition Executes on its Global Markets and Online Strategy While Supporting Sustained Worldwide Demand
London, United Kingdom - Oct. 29, 2021 – Rapid Nutrition PLC (Euronext Growth: ALRPD, OTCQB: RPNRF), a natural wellness company focused on organic wholefood-based nutrition and science-based herbal products, announced the following trading update ahead of the publication of its Interim Results for the period ended 30 June 2021., scheduled to be released by 31 October 2021.
Rapid Nutrition will apply the right balance between delivering sustainable growth while firming up its balance sheet with a focused consolidation strategy. The strategy focuses on the successful execution of several key initiatives for the group:
- Continued expansion of its flagship brand into new markets as well as increasing its market share in current markets by diversifying its distribution channels to generate new growth.
- Leveraging unique manufacturing and partnership capabilities to optimize the supply chain by enhancing operational cost efficiencies.
- Product innovation, with a specific focus on in-demand formulas such as the company’s patented herbal anti-viral formula to help boost the immune system.
- Attracting key opinion leaders and experts in their field to its growing team.
- Firming up the group’s balance sheet with continued execution of the consolidation strategy.
- Proactively reducing its carbon footprint by enhancing its Corporate Social Responsibilities policy.
Financial highlights for the period to date include:
- In spite of groups Sydney based retail store being in temporary lockdown, revenue for the period reached $1.4 million in line with expectations.
- Gross margin was $1.1 million despite one-off corporate listing costs during the period.
Interim 2021 Operational Highlights
Noteworthy Interim highlights for Rapid Nutrition for the period in review include:
- Continued growth of it e-commerce assets, notably, system.com, rapid-nutrition.com, Amazon as well as its growing online influencer-base.
- Further expansion of the company’s global distribution with new partnerships expected to be finalized this quarter with Ghana and South Korea.
- Continued growth through the company’s direct-to-consumer channels for its flagship brands by leveraging its own DTC channels as well as its key partners.
- Execution of the focused consolidation strategy by simplifying the group’s balance sheet with the successful completion of a cashless transaction with MHT, resulting in receiving back 1.4 million Rapid Nutrition shares.
- Further support by second round investments from institutional investors.
- Continuing to attract highly experienced talent to its team with the appointment of Carl Seletz, who has led some of the world’s largest retail players, to the Rapid Nutrition Advisory Board, as well as Dr David Hunter, ranked as the world’s leading expert in osteoarthritis on expertscape.com. Dr. Hunter has researched the effects of obesity on joint pain, making him an ideal addition to the wellness company’s board.
- Initiated preparations to launch a significant oral anti-viral prevention therapy designed to help relieve symptoms of colds and the flu, which was granted an Innovation Patent in 2016.
- Successfully listed on Euronext Paris stock exchange in the Growth segment.
- Annual General Meeting was held in May where all resolutions were passed.
Despite the ongoing impact of the pandemic with restrictions across the globe, revenues for the period have performed broadly in line with expectations and Rapid Nutrition expects to see continued momentum in the second half of the year as retail channels build and return to normal as restrictions ease.
With further growth anticipated for the remainder of the year as the groups retail store comes out of lockdown and as the company progresses its strategy of bringing to market innovative science-based organic products across multiple categories to anchor future earnings by continuing to expand its global distribution, partnerships and direct-to-consumer e-commerce channels which continue to see ongoing demand for health, wellness and immunity products remaining in response to the global pandemic.
The group has been able to adapt during lockdown orders to optimize online direct-to-consumer channels to sustain revenue, while manage its supply chain.
The senior leadership team and the Rapid Nutrition board have been working diligently to continually create shareholder value by increasing visibility and viability. Rapid Nutrition continues to invest heavily in its team, intellectual property and product offerings, particularly in the cold and flu category and the rapidly growing vegan category.
Moreover, Rapid Nutrition is well-positioned within the industry, with further growth anticipated for the remainder of the year as the group progresses its strategy, where demand for health supplements is likely to remain at an all-time high with consumers more mindful than ever of the importance of health, wellness and immunity.
“In reality, the most exciting aspect of these results is the potential for even more growth. As we continue to scale our global distribution model, management and product influencer team and IP in trending categories, we anticipate increased product demand and global reach,” Rapid Nutrition CEO Simon St. Ledger said. “We believe our innovative, science-based organic products will anchor future earnings as we anticipate more growth to come this year.”
The interim financials will be published on the company’s website by 31 October 2021.
About Rapid Nutrition
Dedicated to the development and distribution of premium, science-based health and wellness brands across the globe, Rapid Nutrition shares a wealth of award-winning products with consumers who are passionate about innovations that are “made by nature, refined by science.” Rapid Nutrition’s first-class scientific team matches the experience of its management team to keep both the company and consumers on top of the latest industry trends and developments, while aligning with industry leaders worldwide to deliver effective supplements and solutions. Rapid Nutrition aims to be the supplier of choice globally by offering premium brands with the highest-quality ingredients to deliver maximum results.
For more information, please visit http://rnplc.com
Investor Relations Contact:
This press release contains forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and or otherwise that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause Rapid Nutrition PLCs actual results and experience to differ materially from anticipated results and expectations expressed in these forward-looking statements. Rapid Nutrition PLC has in some cases identified forward-looking statements by using words such as "anticipates," "believes," "hopes," "estimates," "looks," "expects," "plans," "intends," "goal," "potential," "may," "suggest," and similar expressions. Rapid Nutrition PLC undertakes no obligation to release publicly the results of any revisions to any such forward-looking statements that may be made to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this press release or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events, except as required by applicable law or regulation.
This media information does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities. This information does not constitute an offering prospectus within the meaning within the meaning of Regulation (EU) 2017/1129 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 14 of June 2017 on the prospectus to be published when securities are offered to the public or admitted to trading on a regulated market, and repealing Directive 2003/71 or a listing prospectus within the meaning of the listing rules of the Euronext Exchange or OTC Markets. The media release is in accordance with International Reporting Standard: Rule 12g3-2(b) under the Securities Exchange Act ('Rule 12g3-2(b)') permits non-U.S. companies with securities listed primarily on a Qualified Foreign Exchange to make publicly available to U.S investors in English the same information that is made publicly available in their home countries as an alternative to SEC reporting Exchange Act Rule 12g3-2(b).